Norfolk & Western Class A 1218 2-6-6-4 Profile Magnet.
The 1218 was built in 1943 in the Roanoke Shops. It routinely pulled 150 cars loaded with coal at an average speed of 70 mph. It was also used to move military troops and equipment. The 1218 is the only surviving "A" built by N&W and is currently housed at the Virginia Museum of Transportation in Roanoke, VA.